The Council advocates for children on relevant issues at the local and state level. The mission of the Bellevue PTSA Council is to support and strengthen our local units through the adoption of best practices and leadership development. We train, mentor, and facilitate information exchange between and among our local units, school district, and community organizations. We promote parent involvement by providing a district wide forum for discussion and action on issues that affect our children. Bellevue PTSA Council works in partnership with the Bellevue School District, Bellevue Schools Foundation, and the community at large to promote the welfare of children and families in the home, school, and community.
- Attain 100% local unit representation in our monthly General Council Meetings.
- Invite relevant speakers to meetings.
- Provide opportunities for leadership training and at least two round-table sessions to facilitate the exchange of ideas.
- Strengthen the partnership between PTSA, the school district and our community by instituting a periodic Council newsletter and increasing communication channels to local units.
- Provide a “best practice” moment in each General Council Meeting to assist our local units in meeting the Standards of Excellence as set forth by the Washington State PTA.
- Host parent education programs during the year focused on issues specific to elementary, middle and high school parents.
- Support our local units in their efforts to outreach to their school communities and broaden their membership base.
- Greater involvement of a more diversified community to better reflect our community at large.
- Create better collaboration between all PTSA’s as a unified group on funding resources and knowledge.
- Continued review and mainstreaming our goals.