Bellevue PTSA Council
Now partnering with the Bellevue Schools Foundation Education Connections
to provide parent education opportunities
Next Event March 7th at 11:30 a.m.
Bellevue Schools Foundation News: Education Connections features Social Emotional Learning
We hope you all had a wonderful mid-winter break, and we’re excited to announce the upcoming Education Connections: Social Emotional Learning, presented in collaboration with Bellevue PTSA Council 2.3, to learn more about the SEL Pilot .
Research has shown that students who acquire the core social and emotional competencies--including self-management, self-awareness, social awareness, relationship skills, and responsible decision making--experience academic and behavioral benefits.
Please join us March 7 from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. to learn more about the Foundation-funded Middle School Social Emotional Learning Pilot. The event will take place at the Wilburton Instructional Service Center (Building 1, in the Rainier Room), located at 12241 Main Street in Bellevue. A light lunch will be served at this free event; please register in advance at the Foundation website.
Past 2014-2015 Parent Education Classes presented by the Bellevue PTSA Council and partnering organizations
- Empathy and Education presented by Camp Kindness Counts http://www.campkindnesscounts.org/
- Bellevue Schools Foundation / VIBES Volunteering presented by Bellevue Schools Foundation http://www.bellevueschoolsfoundation.org/
- Cafecitos con la comunidad Latina presented by Eastside Latino Leadership Form (ELLF) http://www.eastsidelatino.org/
- Early Childhood presented by Paula Steinke, Childcare Resources http://www.childcare.org/
- Smarter Balanced Assessment presented by Heather Edlund, Belleve School District's Director of Curriculum
- Internet Safety presented by Juan Goni, Punto Foundation