These are some of the documents that direct and focus the work of the Council's Board of Directors as well as the local PTAs. The Washington State PTA Uniform Bylaws are reviewed and amended at the WSPTA annual convention. The state bylaws conform to the National PTA Bylaws and create a foundation for all PTAs and leaders in the state to follow. Each local PTA and council adopts its own standing rules that cover other guidelines and processes.
Standing rules are the specific conditions or rules a local PTA or council chooses to impose upon itself within the scope of the Washington State PTA (WSPTA) Uniform Bylaws.
The Council's Board of Directors has established the following as the standards of conduct that board members expect from each other.
Each committee member participating in a Bellevue PTSA Council Committee will adhere to the following standards of conduct.
The WA State PTA's Standards of Affiliation Agreement Checklist help local PTA and council leaders ensure their independent nonprofit business remains current with all IRS, state, insurance, and PTA requirements. A PTA in good standing is one that meets the criteria in the above standards of affiliation agreement.
Each local PTA has 4 voting delegates to the Bellevue PTSA Council. Complete this form to specify one or more voting delegates for the year of their membership.
By their affiliation with National PTA and Washington State PTA, all local PTAs/PTSAs and councils are required to abide by and conform to those bylaws.
A Resolution of the Bellevue PTSA Council to declare that Bellevue School District Budget reduction process be collaborative with the community and focused on reducing impacts to the academic and extra-curricular opportunities of all students K-12.
- Update MemberPlanet (WA State PTA Membership Database) with incoming officer/leader contacts. Visit memberplanet Success Site to learn how to navigate the database.
- Email secretary@bellevuePTSAcouncil.com a backup contact for your PTA President. This person is someone who will cover for your PTA President when he/she is out of town this summer.
- Each PTA must complete a financial review after the close of the fiscal year. Download financial review form. (9/2019)
- Change your PTA passwords, update your PTA’s bank signers after completing the financial review.
- Prepare your PTA's membership form ready for distribution.
- Ask your board to review and sign a Board Commitment.
PTA & SCHOOL PARTNErSHIP
BACK TO SCHOOL OPERATIONS
- Bellevue School District calendar
- University of Washington's Calendar of Holidays and Religious Observances
- OSPI's Calendar of Religious Observances
- Subscribe/Add important PTA dates/events to your calendar. See Bellevue PTSA Council's and WA State PTA's calendars.
- Important PTA calendar dates
- Council and State Training
- Region 2 Conference
- Bellevue PTSA Council Meeting dates
- Bellevue PTSA Council Advocacy Events (Bellevue goes to Olympia, etc.)
- Focus Day
- Legislative Assembly
- WSPTA Convention
- List of events for Partners
These templates are for PTAs to customize and use for their own school. Comments, questions, or help, contact Maina Tran, Communications Director.
Resources for PTAs
- PTA Board Job Descriptions
- PTA Chair Positions [coming soon!]
- Volunteer forms: (Tillicum)
- Welcome Letter for new PTA members
Resources for PTAs
- Mailchimp: a free marketing email tool that can be used to send out school newsletters
- Constant Contact: a more robust marketing email tool but is not free. a 60-day trial period is available. Monthly subscription required.
- Dropbox: an online storage tool to keep templates, documents and other information for the PTA Board.